#rainbowthon!

Having exams building up for the last two weeks has meant a lot of overeating on junk food (more oreos please), but also a distinct lack of reading (unless you count 'Commercial Applications of Company Law which is riveting).

So! To jump back on board I'm taking part in the Carpe Librum girl's Reading Rainbow Readathon! I'm super excited for this challenge. Basically you just pick books where the spines reflect six colours of the rainbow (red, yellow, orange, blue, purple and green). Incidentally, I always thought pink was a rainbow colour but I'm not complaining because 6 books is going to be a real challenge. For full guidelines see the linked video by gingerreadslainey :)

Official challenge runs from the 15/06 until the 22/06, but because I don't finish exams until the 17th I'm slightly adapting the rules so that I can focus on study :) I know this is a slightly ambitious list but I really want to see how much I can get through!

Here's my list:

1. Yellow - The Casual Vacancy - J. K. Rowling (I can't BELIEVE I haven't read this yet!)

2. Orange - In Cold Blood - Truman Capote (Penguin Edition)

3. Blue - Throne of Glass - Sarah J. Maas

4. Purple - Narcopolis - Jeet Thayil

5. Green - Since You've Been Gone - Morgan Matson

6. Red - Rendezvous at Kamakura Inn

It is soooo unlikely I'll even make it through half of these considering that at least two of them are over 500 pages, but I'll see what I can do. I feel like at least my TBR is quite varied - 1 adult fiction, 1 crime, 1 historical/cultural fiction, 2 young adult and 1 classic. Hopefully the variety should help me get through this stack!

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcfxbuptmvA